Monday, June 19, 2006

bad with the good

It's only fair, if I'm slagging someone off, to point out when things get better. It wasn't long ago in the fair suburb of Mt Eden, when Telecom's DSL service was extremely oversubscribed - leaving us serfs with seriously lacking broadband. But now, I feel like I'm actually getting bang for my buck - large downloads clocking in at over 180kbs. Sure, I'm not getting the 3mbs Telecom insists is theoretically possible and, fine, it slows down my browsing, but I'm much happier now with my download speed than I was before. If only they'd get rid of those nasty download caps.

Meanwhile, I've had a chance to have a play with Google Spreadsheets properly. They haven't, as hyped, got it all down - no charts, macros or anything Excel has in the Data menu. But it works fine enough - and considering it's still a 'labs' project, it's sure to add all the whistles and bells soon enough. They've got rid of the limited trial too, it seems - only needing a google account to sign up.

0 Comments: