Tuesday, July 04, 2006

up your quota

Among all the brouhaha about speeding ticket quotas, nobody is talking solutions. It's inevitable that police will be performance managed, and that part of that performance management will include how many people they catch breaking the law. And, let's face it, that's a good thing.

But there is a way to evade police tickets, undermining any targets or quotas in the interim. It won't be easy, but it'll work. A massive campaign of civil obedience that will free up police time to spend on other crimes, save people money and save lives.

How?

Everyone should stop breaking the law.

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

It's pretty rare that I agree with you - but oddly you're right on the point with this one.

People who whinge about being caught speeding because the cops "should be concentrating on real crims" really just do not get the point.

Chase Edwards Cooper said...

I hope that you don’t mind me asking a question here, since it has nothing to do with the speeding issue (although I agree with you on it), but I found your site via a link when you posed a question on a site about Internet Explorer 7 cutting off the top of Minima Blogger templates.

Have you heard anything more about this issue or is no one else asking about it? I’ve upgraded to IE 7 beta 3 hoping that it was just a flaw in beta 2, but alas, I’m right where I was before with chopped-off Minima pages.

Take care.

James said...

iiq374: Well I hope that me being right isn't that odd!

j.p.: Havn't been paying attention. I took a look at IE7, wasn't that impressed and continued using Firefox.